All About Different Kinds Of Eye Surgery Procedures
Human beings have five senses which are very essential and one of them is vision or eyesight. It is almost impossible for us to imagine what we will do without eyesight. This is because we are totally dependent on our eyes for our day to day life as we read, write, calculate, distinguish, and make a decision depending on our eye vision.
Therefore in case you are suffering from an eye infection, an injury or problem in eyes due to age which is affecting your eye vision, then you should definitely contact a good ophthalmologist. Depending on your condition the doctor may advise you to improve your vision with one of eye surgery procedures.
Here mentioned are all the key types of eye surgery methods:
A. Laser Eye Surgery – This kind of surgery process basically utilizes a laser to enhance the eye’s capability to focus by reshaping the cornea. Also, this process is further bifurcated into different types –
- Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) – It is used to treat astigmatism, nearsightedness, and farsightedness.
- Laser Epithelial Keratomileusis (LASEK) – It is used generally for patients with thin corneas, who are not eligible for LASIK.
- Intra lense
- Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK) – It is used to treat astigmatism, nearsightedness and mild to moderate farsightedness.
B. Non-laser Eye Surgery – In this kind of procedure the doctor improves the vision by cutting into the surface of the eye, reshaping the cornea or using low heat radio waves. The types of this surgery are
- Astigmatic Keratotomy Incisions – It is used to correct mild astigmatism.
- Implantable Contact Lenses – These are implantation devices used to treat severe farsightedness and nearsightedness.
- Intraocular Lenses (IOLs)
Also, you may go to this website to read about what actually happens during an eye laser surgery and how almost 95% of patients who undergo this surgery happy with its results. This will surely help you in clearing all your doubts regarding this procedure.